Underfloor Heating Training Course - 14/11/17
Prices exc VAT
Nu-Heat's underfloor heating course offers an in-depth introduction in specifying and installing underfloor heating for a wide range of projects. Our Design Manager, James, is the main trainer for the day and he will cover topics ranging from floor construction options right through to heating controls. Peter, our Development Support Engineer and a trained electrician, will also step in for an hour to give you an understanding of wiring an UFH system.
Please note that this course is aimed at qualified plumbing and heating engineers.
Once you have attended the course you will:
- Be able to confidently assess whether a project is suitable for UFH
- Understand system variations and the options for system set up
- Have a good knowledge of the range of system options and the implications of floor construction choice and system control
- Understand what’s involved in planning an effective installation programme
- Have hands on experience of installing Nu-Heat's ClippaPlate™ system, for joisted upper floors, and LoPro™10, a popular retrofit solution
- Be able to explain the benefits of installing a fully designed and guaranteed UFH system to your customers
The course covers a lot of ground and there is also the opportunity to see working examples of the products.
- Specification and performance of UFH in a range of property types, from new build to renovations
- A closer look at system components and system variation
- A detailed look at Nu-Heat's full range of UFH solutions, including the LoPro™ range
- An opportunity to practise laying some UFH systems
- System design and control options
- Room thermostat control options
- Overview of suitable floor coverings and any considerations
- How Nu-Heat works with you to make the most of business opportunities
- A run-through of Nu-Heat's design service and how this helps you, including background calculations, tube layout drawings, user manuals and end user guides
The course takes place at Nu-Heat's Training Centre in Honiton, Devon:
Heathpark Industrial Estate
Please note that we have two buildings on the same road, our main office and the warehouse. The Training Centre is located at the warehouse site.
The course lasts a full day and refreshments and lunch will be provided.
We start at: 9.30am